Digital Marketing & Graphic Design
The company is a start-up based in Cape Town city center, searching to improve the access to various services and products in Cape Town rural areas and townships, trying to modernize the retail sector of those areas. Thanks to our client mobile app, little businesses can save up to 10% on the cost of their commodities, and their customers have access to more products at a cheaper price.
Our client is looking for a dynamic and motivated intern to join his team for 6 months, starting around April 2018 (flexible date).
The intern will work with the general manager. His/her missions will be:
– Improve the existing website.
– Work on the social media strategy (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc..).
– Develop the corporal identity.
– Work on PR campaign and increase the reputation (create video material, and visual content).
– Work with the mobile app developers on the user experience and the graphic design.
The intern should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be dynamic and analytical.
The intern should be motivated by a fast-paced company environment and be flexible in his/her work arrangements, be ready to take responsibilities and work under tight deadlines, have experience working in teams as well as independently, and show initiative.
He/she should be at ease with reporting to managers and organize workshops with social entrepreneurs, and be committed to social issues.
The required skills are:
– Good written and oral communication skills and proficiency in preparing presentations.
– Strong graphic skills and proficient in graphic design software.
– Attention to detail, commitment, and self-organization.
– Excellent interpersonal skills: within a team, as well as with clients and partners.
– Fluent in English – additional local language a plus.
With ideally previous work experience in :
– A developing country, for 3 months or more.
– A start-up environment.
The intern will work in the company office based in the Waterfront, Cape Town. He/she might have to travel for specific missions. The internship will last at least 3 months, and the internship is not paid.